Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 1997 07:45:08 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu (Guy Helmer)
Subject:   Re: Basic rebuilding questions

As Guy Helmer wrote:

> What is the best way to rebuild the binaries and libraries, especially
> after changes to include files in current?

Include file updates should be handled fine by the dependencies.
Added include files however require to re-run `make depend', which is
also a costly operation on a slow machine.  Knowing whether include
files have been added or not, requires you to closely track the
committers list.

More complicated updates or moves require manual intervention.  I
never ran a `make world' back when my machine was a 486/33.

--
cheers, J"org