Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:49:41 +0930
From:      Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
To:        Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seeking advice on 'ports-supfile'

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 01:14:13PM +0800, Stephen Liu said:
> Hi folks,
>
> FreeBSD-5.2
>
> I'm seeking for advice on 'ports-supfile' to run
>
> # cvsup -g /usr/local/etc/cvsup/
> ports-supfile
>
> the second time as at the first time there were some
> problems

I don't quite use it this way.

I use the three files located at http://www.bugman.cx/cvsup/ and I always
put them in my /etc directory (just for easy access).

make.conf is empty during a standard FreeBSD installation, but by putting
(some) of these options in it, you'll be able to update the ports by cd-ing
to /usr/ports and typing in 'make update'.

It's way better this way.

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale:  Eats lots and is fond of children.