Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:30:35 -0500
From:      "Kevin M. Dulzo" <kdulzo@caffeine.gerp.org>
To:        Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuring kernel for ISA cards

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 06:18:02PM +0200, Graham Wheeler wrote:

> Its definitely being loaded. If I put commands in to configure the PCI
> cards, they work. Its just the commands that I would use in kernelconfig
> to configure an ISA card are causing syntax errors. So either the format
> shouldf be different, or there is no way anymore to configure the kernel
> for legacy ISA cards other than by recompiling.

	My apologies for failing to mention to put the command into the
loader.conf file.  I had all intentions of implying it.

	I placed the following lines into /boot/kernel.conf (again this is
on 4.1-stable so I suppose its possible the older one is buggy or has a
separate syntax) as a test.  Again, this is NOT the loader.conf or
loader.rc.  loader.conf tells the loader to load /kernel.conf as a type
of userconfig_script which is different than the syntax of the loader
configuration files themselves.

port sio0 0x2e8
irq sio0 7

These values are completely wrong, and different than the compiled in
settings for sio0.  And it probed and failed to attach at the address
I specified in the kernel.conf (and hung the boot process for that
matter).  I used to do this in 3.x in /kernel.conf or /boot/kernel.conf
without issue.

--
:Kevin M. Dulzo:ccna.ccda:freebsd:everything_else:
--eyes betray a soul and bear its thinking