Date:      Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:38:45 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@beta.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   u-boot version on OpenRD Ultimate/sdio?

All,
  I've been chasing this issue on-again/off-again for a few weeks as I
get free time. I've discovered, thanks to a bad NAND flashing event,
that the version of u-boot used to fire up hardware is critical to the
functioning of the hardware (e.g. its not just a boot loader, but more).
With the most recent version of u-boot, I lost the ethernet cards on my
OpenRD ultimate, and finally backed it down to the version shipped with
the hardware (1.1.4). However, the SD card continues not to work. My
questions on the issue in the past have gotten no results, and I've
learned to interpret that as I'm doing something so stupid as to not
deserve an answer. I now think I've figured out what that is...

  So, I have to ask, for anyone who has the sdio slot working on the
OpenRD Marvell boards... What version of u-boot are you running? 2011-06
seems to break the ethernet cards (with FreeBSD), and I don't want to
destroy my NAND by constantly reflashing different versions....

  -B