Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 21:41:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, tlambert@primenet.com, jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org, jbryant@tfs.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vt420 terminal

> : Come on, we tremendously boost the sales of all sorts of weird adapters ;-)
>
> Actually, being around at the time they were introduced (yow, has it
> really been 15 years) they were saying at the time the offset tab was
> to prevent you from plugging phones onto data ports and data cables
> into phone ports.

Or using cheap off-the-shelf phone parts for data ports.  ;-).

I never met one person who went to plug their RS232 into a phone
jack, was stopped by the tab, and muttered to themselves "Oh... yeah.".

8-) 8-).

I hope the person who came up with "make the outlets orange" got a
bigger bonus than the person who came up with "move the locking tab"...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.