Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2012 23:06:09 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joseph a Nagy Jr <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Graphiz broke because of swig

--------------enigD70D5D5DBB6165EFBC95B8BF

On 20/10/2012 22:51, Joseph a Nagy Jr wrote:
> No luck. I was compiling from source using make and letting dependencie=
> be resolved automatically. Something seriously got messed up and I feel=

> like an idiot. I was following the handbook and was in chapter 5 where
> it was recommended to install subversion for ports tree management
> (sounded good to me) and I executed, from /use/ports/devel/subversion/
> 'make install clean'. It was doing good up until doxygen/graphviz, it
> seems. I have no easy way of getting the error messages here (on the
> Ubuntu side of the laptop I'm installing on) as Ubuntu's ufs tools suck=
=2E

Why can't you do something like create a transcript of the session where
you try and install subversion, but it fails, and post that transcript
onto a pastebin site directly from FreeBSD?

Use script(1) to make the transcript:

   % script /tmp/session.log
   % ... do ports related things ...
   % exit

The session.log should contain a copy of everything that got printed
onto your terminal.  Pastebin sites are a dime a dozen, and you can
probably find one that lets you use standard unix tools to upload to it.

Then just post the link here.  Chances are the problem you've run into
is not unique to you, and that someone will know exactly what to do to
sort you out.  We need to see all the details though if we're going to
be able to offer you effective advice.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20