Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:19:40 +0100
From:      "Danny Pansters" <danny@ricin.com>
To:        Sidney S. Vokalistov <serjant@vokalistov.org>
Cc:        Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov@gmail.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kbtv2 sound saa.c

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 18:28:02 you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have AverTv Studio 307 (SAA7134HL MK3).
> I have no sound while using kbtv2-1.92, only noise, because in my
> country sound carrier frequency equal 6.5 MHz (D/K).
> I have written addition (based on set_audioopt.c) for a file
> kbtv/drivers/saa/saa.c.
>
> This is not a patch (just quirk), cos I do not use your GUI.
> I have no idea why 0x876AAA = 6.5 Mhz - if you can explain it to me,
> i'll be glad.
>
> I can tell only, that it works for PAL D/K MONO (i can not test other
> standarts ), and now I can watch TV on my freebsd (I use my own gtk2
> frontend).
>
> All The Best
>
> Sidney S. Vokalistov <serjant@vokalistov.org>
> icquin: 7616895

I hope you don't mind me CC'ing this to Yuri and the multimedia@ list.

I was suspecting this problem already. This is very useful, thank you very
much!

Thing is I was merely using the sound from the DAC (not actually CAPTUREing
sound) but I nowhere set the audio carrier freqs, although they were in my
saa.h from the beginning:

#define FREQ_SND_PAL_B_G       5.5 // Sound carrier frequency, MHz (not used)
#define FREQ_SND_PAL_I         6.0
#define FREQ_SND_PAL_D_K_L     6.5
#define FREQ_SND_NTSC          4.5

That explains your 6.5 too I reckon :)