Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        metrol@earthlink.net
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatch warning on cvsup

In article <20010823054422.8499E37B40C@hub.freebsd.org>,
Michael Collette  <metrol@earthlink.net> wrote:

>   Ran into this very same error message myself.  Once I let cvsup run all the
> way through to completion the problem cleared up.  There's a fixit routine
> that kicks in at the end.

Right.  The warning message doesn't mean you have to worry about
anything.  It's just telling you that it found something unexpected
and is fixing it.

Also, CVSup is very careful not to leave you with an incorrect file.
If you kill it before the "fixup" occurs at the end, you will end up
with your original file -- not the version with the checksum mismatch.

John