Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:57:09 -0800
From:      Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw, natd and dialpad

I guess I didn't explain very well. :-)

-redirect_port will work for static mappings. I have no problem with
that. But let's say i have a lan with 10 computers, heck even just 2
computers. It would appear there is no way to make dialpad.com work
for all computers at the same time. However, with linux's ipmasqadm,
it appears that there is a way. It uses outgoing connections to port
7175 to trigger a mapping for returning traffic to ports 51200,
51201, etc. Well, that's what I gathered from the config snippet. I
don't have access to a linux box so I can't test out.

If ipfw can do this, I'd love to see how. (Not bashing ipfw-- an
honest question.)

jon

At 2:51 PM -0600 3/7/00, Joong Kim wrote:
>On dialpad.com's faq page they say I can issue the following ruleset
>to ipmaswadm to apparently enable forwarding of received packets to
>the correct internal host:
>
>       /usr/sbin/ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -u -r udp 51200 51201 -c tcp 7175
>       /usr/sbin/ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -u -r tcp 51210 51210 -c tcp 7175
>
>I don't see that there is a way to do this with natd and ipfw, but
>wanted to check to be sure. Can ipfilter do it? Just curious really.
>
>jon

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-ipfw" in the body of the message

Jon,

	You would probably want to do this using natd's redirect_port