Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:12:39 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: so, FreeBSD on VMware is dead, right?

Am 22.01.2012 02:15, schrieb Erich Dollansky:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder why I should run FreeBSD under VMware.
>
> On Sunday 22 January 2012 04:10:24 Jerry wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:12:53 -0500
>> Michael Scheidell articulated:
>>
>>> I reached out to a high level sr engineer at VMware and told him
>>> there was a lot of companies using FreeBSD on VMware, and a lot more
>>> that would, if just VMware gave us some love (fixed, or helped us fix
>>> some device drivers).
>>>
>>> He asked "how many"?
>>
> I do not know anybody who runs FreeBSD in a VM. All run it native on their machines.

I dual-boot FreeBSD, either bare-bones, or into a virtual machine - BUT
that is VirtualBox with the PUEL'ed extension pack, on a 64-bit Linux
amd64 host.

And I don't care about VMWare at all since they took VMWare server 1.x
off the market.
  I've seen their pricing policies since the early days of VMWare
Workstation 1.X many a year ago, and it's ridiculous (meaning way
overpriced), and there are more reasons...