Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:44:04 -0500
From:      dan raz <raz@lucent.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Feiyi Wang <fwang2@eos.ncsu.edu>, shavitt@lucent.com
Subject:   Problems with divert/ipfw

Hi,

This problem seems to be related to an earlier posting by
Feiyi Wang which did not seem to be answered.

We are using FreeBSD 3.2 with ipfw and divert.

We have several machines that work fine, but in two of them (not at the same
time) we see the following phenomenon:
A counter for a divert ipfw rule is increased, but the program that listens
on the divert socket (with recvfrom) does not get any data.

The odd thing is that these two machines worked perfectly well
for several months until they decided not to (of course, we did not change
the kernel, ipfw rules or the listening program).
Warm/cold reboot does not help.
Our guess is that some log file is full or conf file might be corrupted
but we could not find any.

Any suggestions?

--

Danny Raz                       Tel: 732-949-6712
Room 4G-637                     Fax: 732-949-0399