Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:04:29 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "J. Mallett" <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "J. Mallett" <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: patch for review: xargs standards compliance

At 11:11 PM +0000 3/15/02, J. Mallett wrote:
>The patch is available here:
>	http://people.freebsd.org/~jmallett/xargs.patch
>
>Relative to -rHEAD right now.
>
>In detail, it adds: -E, -I, -L, -t; As far as flags go.

I like the idea, I particularly like the idea when someone
else writes all the code...  :-)

I don't see why you added:
+# $xMach: Makefile,v 1.1.1.2 2002/02/22 19:31:35 jmallett Exp $
to the makefile.  But it probably will need a $FreeBSD$ in there
somewhere, or you'll have trouble when you go to check it in.

For the new routine strnsubst.c, I believe the current practice
for including $FreeBSD$ in a '.c' file is not to add it to a
comment, but to add:

#include <sys/cdefs.h>
__FBSDID("$FreeBSD$");

after that first comment block.  (I believe there's supposed to
be a blank line between the closing '*/' and the include for
sys/cdefs.h, and no blank line between that and the __FBSDID
line)

The actual update looks OK, but I've only skimmed through it
and I haven't tried to apply it and put it through any torture
testing.

>I'm looking to commit this after the weekend, so review would
>be appreciated, comments and flames welcome...  Three days
>sound good?

It would be better to wait more than just a weekend.  Despite
popular folklore, many of us do sometimes go thru a whole
weekend without checking the mailing lists for new code... :-)