Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:11:31 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      CyberPsychotic <fygrave@krsu.edu.kg>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel dies.

> > binaries? Some other environment?
>
> World in this case refers to the whole system (/bin and /usr/bin but not
> /usr/local/bin, for example).

so binaries, right?

> The kernel is distributed with the rest of the system.  Look at the
> section in the handbook about keeping current with ctm or cvsup.

Ok. Thanks.

> > machine started crashing every 15 mins blaming routed daemon in it. For
> > one of the solutions I was suggested to upgrade kernel there.
>
> If I were you, I would install cvsup from ports or packages, cvsup to
> the latest 2.2.6-stable source, "make world", and rebuild and install my
> kernel.

 so I will need to get whole three at
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/* and then put it into my
/usr/src instead of current stuff? And then I am ready to recompile all
the biaries world here, right? By the way can I find all the
kernel stuff precompressed somewhere? because I use proxy, and whenever it
fetches things, the compression on the fly hardly work.

 Thanks
 Fyodor