Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:58:19 -0500
From:      "Kevin M. Dulzo" <kdulzo@caffeine.gerp.org>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.11.0

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:47:47AM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:

> You *have* to replace the /usr/sbin/sendmail file with something
> appropriate for your MTA of choice.

	No you don't.  /usr/sbin/sendmail is now mailwrapper.

	I have been running qmail with mailiwrapper quite successfully
for almost as long as it existed in stable.  If you don't want the
sendmail bits lying around add NO_SENDMAIL=YES to make.conf.  Wether or not
the sendmail bits exist on your installation you edit /etc/mail/mailer.conf.

e.g.
sendmail	/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
send-mail	/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
mailq		/var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat
newaliases	/usr/bin/false

I don't like the sendmail bits around, but I like the mailwrapper.  You can
have 6 different MTAs around and flip them around for the entire system
with these tuneable knobs.
--
:Kevin M. Dulzo:ccna.ccda:freebsd:everything_else:
--eyes betray a soul and bear its thinking