Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:33:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   aaccli: what kind of disk is it ?

I have studied the help/usage for aaccli for quite a while, and I cannot
figure out how to do two things:

a) how can I determine the actual, real size of the disk ?  For instance,
I have some 36gig drives that are 36.8 gigs unformatted size, and some
that are 36.4, and so on - if I want to buy a replacement drive to, say,
rebuild a mirror, I have to get one that is the same size or larger - so
how, in aaccli, can I see the actual unformatted size of that disk ?

b) the type of disk it is ... this would be good enough that I wouldn't
need (a), since I could just look it up on the `net.  Is there a way to
see the manufacturer ID string from aaccli - the string that I am shown in
the BIOS and when the system boots ?

thanks!!