Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 10:26:04 -0700
From:      "Tim Oneil" <toneil@visigenic.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sd0 timed out while idle

At 09:28 AM 7/11/97 -0700, you wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Jamie Bowden wrote:
>
>> The 2.5G Bigfoot drives were fine and ran very cool.  The Quantum SCSI
>> drives are the ones that have overheating problems.
>
>  Bigfoot drives are 3400rpm, which makes them cool, and really slow.
>
>  Until, I saw the Bigfoot specs, I had no idea that anybody made anything
>slower than 5400rpm these days!

I've heard that about fireballs, but I have a two drive system sitting
in my house without air conditioning (its been a bit hot here lately)
and haven't had a problem. The system is in a stock case, ie; only the
usual two fans, one at the p/s and one at the cpu. And I like this
quantum for its speed.