Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:14:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error when compiling kernel with SOFTUPDATES

In article <3075.891630186.kithrup.freebsd.current@critter.freebsd.dk> PHK writes:
>I'm working seriously at trying to improve FreeBSD, and if you have
>nothing more productive to do that what you're doing now, well, why
>don't you join Linux then ?  That way you would benefit FreeBSD more
>than you do now.

Fine.

If that's whe way core wants it -- and PHK proudly states he's a core member
and uses it to justify his ignoring people and complaints -- then I will, very
regretfully, rescind the copyright on every piece of code I have ever written
or contributed.

That means most of the linux and ibcs2 emulation code will have to go, because
it's derived from what I wrote.  procfs and ptrace have to go.  ping will need
to be reverted to to the 4.4 release.  truss is out, of course.  Other various
bits -- the vm86 support will have to be re-integrated from teh original code
BSDi, althoguh that should be fairly simple.