Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:26:41 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel error: m_clalloc failed..???

sageame@sagec$ uname -a
FreeBSD sagec.sage-one.net 4.5-RELEASE-p8 FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p8 #0: Mon
Jul 15 19:49:09 CDT 2002
sageame@sagec.sage-one.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAGECKERNEL  i386

I was doing a dump from a server over NFS to a backup HD on the above
server, and suddenly were getting this error message repeatedly scrolling
across the screen:
========
Jul 29 12:10:05 sagec /kernel: m_clalloc failed, consider increase
NMBCLUSTERS value
etc,
etc,
etc,
70+ times and aborted the "dump". Error stopped.
========

On two other server dumps earlier, the error did not occur, so dunno if it
was the "dump" or something else, but the error stopped when I aborted the
dump over the NFS. I thought I saw this issue mentioned on this list a
couple of months back, but cannot find it.

What do I need to do to fix/stop the error....?

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net