Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:53:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <joeo@cracktown.com>
To:        Linh Pham <question@europa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0 on a Dell OptiPlex???

These machines use the intel 810 system chipset, which includes an onboard
i810e video controller.  X11 on FreeBSD 4.0 will not work in any useful
resolutions on this box (everything else should).

Current will likely have better support for the graphics in the next
couple of months (due to Doug Rabsons recent AGP work, though the X
server still needs FreeBSD specific work).