Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 12:20:59 -0600
From:      "Broderick Wood" <bwood@KingsU.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbie To PicoBSD

  I am just starting with PicoBSD, but have a full FreeBSD (STABLE)
running successfully for quite some time.

  Any hints, tips on playing with this one?

  Looking for 2 main goals...

  Firewall and Traffic Monitoring...

  Possibly as a software configurable Router (enable/disable students
access to Internet, etc...)

  Got the NET version of the image and am playing with that now.

  Hardware has 2 NICs and a modem (thinking of backup emergency
type PPP access for me to get to my Intranet).

  Hardware is all detected properly.

  Now what?  I've gotten spoiled by all the automatic scripts and
interfaces in the full freeBSD package ...   :-)

---------------------------

-BMW-

Don't just stand there!  Pray something!

(bwood@kingsu.ab.ca)
Broderick Wood,
Director of Information Technology Services
The King's University College
9125 - 50 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T6B 2H3