Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 21:38:36 +0900 (JST)
From:      baba@ats.sjk.kdd.co.jp (Koji Baba)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation by 3Com PCMCIA adapter

Hello, friends.

I have a problem with installation of 2.1.0-RELEASE
 by 3Com PCMCIA adapter.
Maybe it will not be serious problem,
 but I can not find the way to solve.

At booting up, I get following message.
----
ze: pcmcia slot 0: 3Com Corporation~3C589~TP/BNC LAN Card Ver. 2a~000002~
ze: slot 1: no card in slot
ze0 not found at 0x300
zp: found card in slot 0
zp0 not found at 0x300
----
And after bootup, I can not use ether card at installation by ftp or NFS.
It seems that the installer can not find the card as valid device.

Setting of the PCMCIA card is completely default value.
 Port = 0x300
 IRQ = 10
 Memory Base = 0xd8000

I did hardware test application(a tool packed in setup disk).
But could not find any problem in the card itself.

Please tell me what is the cause of this problem.

RGDS

----
Koji Baba (baba@ats.sjk.kdd.co.jp)