Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:35:09 +0000 (GMT)
From:      George Reid <greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Ed <edvard@post.omnitel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP !!!!! files and glibc...

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Ed wrote:

>     1. I wanted to know, what file formats is used in FreeBSD and more
> information about file formats ?

This is a question somewhat like "What numbers are used in
mathematics?" and "Where can I get more information about numbers?".

>     2. Does glibc compilled into kernel??? And where to get more
> information about all those things???

No. The kernel is not linked with glibc; it has its own internal
functions similar to those of the C libraries (eg strcmp() etc). For more
information on this, read the source code.

"And then it comes to be that the soothing light
   at the end of your tunnel was just a freight
            train, comin' your way."

      George Reid * greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org