Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:16:18 -0500
From:      "Richard J. Valenta" <RJV@WEBLINKMO.COM>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   SMBFS Problems

Hello, is anyone using smbfs (either via mount-t smbfs or mount_smbfs)
to mount windows shares on any alpha based machine with FreeBSD 5.0 on
it?  I have tried over and over to mount shares on my alpha with no luck
at all, but breezed into it on an x86 machine with Mandrake linux.  I
would like to think that if I can successfully execute the command under
linux it would work the same under FreeBSD, and have researched the
newsgroups, etc about it but found no solutions as to why I am
unsuccessful.

The error is usually 'Connection reset by peer', however I have no
problems connecting with other machines.  I have been unable to find
information related to any needs of the 5.0 kernel, or anything
specifically needed by the Alpha.  Details below, and any help or
thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Generally I execut the command below:

mount_smbfs //user@server/share /archive/location

I do have the module loaded as shown below:

# kldstat

Id Refs Address            Size     Name

 1    8 0xfffffc0000300000 443b48   kernel

 2    1 0xfffffe0002bea000 1e000    osf1.ko

 3    1 0xfffffe0002da8000 36000    smbfs.ko

 4    2 0xfffffe0002dde000 14000    libiconv.ko

 5    2 0xfffffe0002df2000 12000    libmchain.ko