Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:43:22 +0200
From:      Colin Alston <karnaugh@karnaugh.za.net>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ghc-6.2.2 broken

--------------090007080302020903040506

Scot Hetzel wrote:

>You didn't specify which version of FreeBSD, but I suspect you have 5.3.
>
>FreeBSD 5.3 has most of the binaries installed dynamic.  With this
>requires that ld-elf.so.1 is installed under /libexec instead of
>/usr/libexec (because /usr may not be mounted).
>
>Scot

Sorry, I realised that I did make a bit of a completely useless report
there.

That was on FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE.

Is there any reason why the port does not do/explain this? Dependencies
are for the week and boring?

Needed this to install the darcs port - but eventualy just got this
going from packages...

--
Colin Alston <karnaugh@karnaugh.za.net>

About the use of language:
  "It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe.  It is
  equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead."
   -- E.W.Dijkstra, 18th June 1975. (Perl did not exist at the time.)

--------------090007080302020903040506--