Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:24:13 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Hillman Dai <hillman_dai@yahoo.com.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Question about KVM switch

Hillman Dai <hillman_dai@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just installed the FreeBSD 5.2.1 and I'm using
> a KVM switch to share the monitor, mouse and keyboard.
> I could managed to use keyboard while the mouse still
> doesn't work. Could you help me to solve the problem?
> What kind of command I could use to check and which
> file you want me to send back to you?
>
> The brand of the KVM switch is:
> Name: IOGear
> Model: GCS52U
>
> Thank You for your support!

Have to tried plugging the mouse directly into the machine
to ensure that it's not the mouse that's the problem.

Are you trying to use the mouse in X?  If so, what are the
symptoms?  What steps have you taken to enable the mouse?
Did you install/configure moused?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies