Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:15:41 +0200
From:      Johan Karlsson <johan@freebsd.org>
To:        standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   add option '-t tty' to biff(1)/mesg(1)

Hi

I'm planing to add an option '-t tty' to
biff and mesg. See PRs 13072/13073 for details.

I would like to know if this will violate any
of the standards we are trying to conform to.

mesg(1) is covered by POSIX according to
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~schweikh/posix-utilities.html
but there is no -t option.

biff(1) does not seem to be in POSIX.

Is there any other such nice summary for other
standards that I can look at?

Unless I get good reason not to I will propose
this addition of -t on -arch the comming days.

Take care
/Johan

--
Johan Karlsson		mailto:johan@FreeBSD.org