Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:11:46 +0100
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: usage of split

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>	xaa, xab, ...		Chunks of the original file that can fit
>				in 1.4MB floppies (does anyone use these
>				anymore?)

A Linux boot floppy saved out bacon just last week, and it's still the
easiest way to flash a BIOS; Partition Magic still insists on using
floppies for backing up partition tables.  So sadly, yes, I still use
floppies.  I wouldn't trust a backup to one, though, and my free
collection of worthless NT installation floppies generally just gathers
dust  :-)

--Alex