Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:23:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <uid0@catastrophe.net>
To:        Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RAID Controllers

I have an Adaptec 2100S with 5 36GB IBM 10K drives.

HOWEVER -

make SURE that you get the latest firmware for the drives if you wish to
run them. IT seems they're quite picky and don't like working unless you
have it so.

On or about Jun 21, 2001 at 16:21 [-0600] Scott Gerhardt proclaimed:

; Second post little response first go-around.
;
; Help!!
;
; I'm trying to pick the BEST RAID card for a FreeBSD server I'm building.
; The system will be running two 36GB U160 drives in RAID 1 to start.  I have
; looked at the common manufacturers such as Mylex, Adaptec, AMI and ICP
; Vortex.  I have little knowledge about the differences between brands except
; for what ever specs. and propaganda I could find.  Some real-life
; experiences would be helpful.
;
; I would like to know what controllers people are running and what kind of
; success stories are out there.
;
; Compatibility reliability and ease of managment are very important.
;
; Regards,
;
; 	- Scott
;
;
; To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
; with "unsubscribe freebsd-hardware" in the body of the message
;