Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:28:27 -0700
From:      "John Hanna" <jhanna@cproject.com>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Dump locked up my FreeBSD 3.3

Hi. I run dump nightly to backup my files to a second disk, something
like this:

dump -0 -a -f - / |gzip >/backup/larryboy/larryboy.root.dump.gz
dump -0 -a -f - /usr |gzip >/backup/larryboy/larryboy.usr.dump.gz

Last night in the middle of this process the system locked up. I had to
push the reset key this morning to bring it back. UUCICO was also
running about the same time as the backup. Anyone heard of this before?
Is fileaccess in the middle of a dump bad?

Thanks,
John