Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:55:09 +0530
From:      Lakhan Shiva Kamireddy <lakhan@freebsd.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   [GSOC-18] Convert PCI drivers to be table driven - Week 10

Hi All,

As you are aware, my project is to convert PCI drivers to be table driven.
This week, I've worked on some of the PCI drivers which need some
modification. As we decided to create a new macro - PCI_MATCH, i was
working on consolidating my work using this macro.

Firstly as per the earlier strategy I pushed the code to the intermediate
fork. Then from there I began the conversion process to consolidate the PCI
drivers to conform to our new strategy [1] [2].

Furthermore, I've been working on the following new drivers as well:  le,
lio, mpr, mvs, my, mly, mps, mskc, etc. [3] [4]. Phabricator reviews are
here - [5], [6], [7], [8].

We need to convert the drivers in a certain way so that kldxref can find it
and record it in linker hints.

I am also learning the internals of the kernel, this will help our goal
ultimately - Automatic module loading. [9]

Please find my updated project homepage here. [10]

Thank you,
Lakhan
[1] https://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd/pull/8
[2] https://github.com/bsdimp/freebsd/pull/9