Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:22:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        drich@sgihub.corp.sgi.com (Daniel Rich)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, drich@sgihub.corp.sgi.com
Subject:   Re: SUP information

> I understand that the FreeBSD project has done extensive work adding
> gzip support to sup, and in cleaning up the code.  Is this work being
> placed back into the public domain?  I am interested in getting a copy
> of the latest working version of sup, but don't see the source anywhere
> on your ftp server.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide!

One of the requirements for inclusion in FreeBSD is that the code be
UCB style license.

There are non-critical system components which are under GPL or other
license.

The SUP sources are available as a package, with the gzip and other
enhancements (ie: authentication, etc.).  You are free to use them
and distribute them in accordance with the terms from which they were
derived (I can't remember if SUP is UCB'ed or not).

Hey, while you are here: how about a port of some of the cool SGI
software to FreeBSD?  There is an OpenGL implementation avaialbe.

8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---