Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 19:33:36 +0200
From:      "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 3C5x9

Salut,

In the message Re: 3C5x9 ,
"Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM> wrote :

>On Fri, 12 May 1995, Philippe Charnier wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install a 3C5x9 ethernet card on a pentium 100, and the
>> latest snapshot. After a lot of problems, I am able to do this but only
>> with the following situation :
>
>	i believe that you either must build a custom kernel or boot
>withe the -c option and then disable devices that conflict with your
>3x5x9 card.   ed0 may conflict on io port.  mcd0 may conflict on irq.
>and is0 also conflicts, if i remember correctly.

This is already a custom kernel. the possible conflicts on port and
irq are disabled with -c (wt0, mcd0, scd0 were left in the kernel),
this was for default settings. The 3c5x9 is now alone at 0x2d0 and
alone at irq 11 (and another kernel is made with the minimum).

(boot, log as root, run halt, then reboot without powering off)

first boot: not found
2nd   boot: found
3rd   boot: not found
4th   boot: found.

Strange!

Philippe Charnier                                      charnier@lirmm.fr

         LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34392 Montpellier cedex 5 -- France