Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:22:06 -0600
From:      seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Writing Device Drivers

In message <uoc8zpbn5kg.fsf@hurlame.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>, Nat Lanza writes:
>If you believe that the source is always adequate documentation for
>kernel programming, especially in the Linux world, I have a bridge to
>sell that you might be interested in.

Is it open source?  If so, I will be able to adapt it to my own purposes in a
matter of minutes, right?  That's what the guy on slashdot said about open
source.

:)

Speaking of source not telling the naive user anything:  I want VirtualPC
to run FreeBSD.  It runs NetBSD just fine, and Connectix is very, very,
good about answering questions or fixing bugs... if you can isolate
them.

Would someone who understands boot blocks be interested in debugging, or
helping me debug, why the FreeBSD boot loader isn't working on VPC?  I'll
happily contribute all the patches I have for making other devices work
or, at least, work around their issues.  ;)

-s