Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 05:10:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "xxx xxx" <torindel@wp.pl>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/62611: bzip2 have problems on pentium 100 (pkg_add dont work)

The following reply was made to PR misc/62611; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "xxx xxx" <torindel@wp.pl>
To: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:05:16 +0100

 Dnia 10-02-2004 o godz. 13:27 Kris Kennaway napisał(a):

 > It does say so: you noticed it yourself in the previous
 sentence.  Any
 > time you run the machine out of RAM and start thrashing swap,
 > performance is going to go down the drain even on a fast machine.
 > 16MB is evidently not enough RAM to do what you want with the
 > machine..I recommend sticking with the 4.x branch.

 Ok on 4.9-release i have about the same free RAM but bzip2 works
 even with large files. So its either a bug or major change in
 memory/swap menagment which should be tweaked

 Daj ponieść się uczuciu - zadbaj o swoją miłość.
 Odwiedź specjalny serwis walentynkowy - zaprasza Motorola!
 http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fwalentynki.wp.pl&sid=113