Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:39:29 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Updating limxsml2

OK, before I present my problem, I'd like to ask if I should be posting
questions about ports to the freebsd-ports list, or should I be e-mailing
the maintainer of the port?

I've been trying for quite a long time to upgrade libsxml2. The build
invariably stops in
/usr/home/ports/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.5.3/python with the
following error message(s):
gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/home/ports/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.5.
3/python'
cd . && /usr/local/bin/python generator.py
Found 1132 functions in libxml2-api.xml
Found 45 functions in libxml2-python-api.xml
Generated 700 wrapper functions, 293 failed, 184 skipped

Missing type converters:
xmlGenericErrorFunc *:1  xlinkType:1  const htmlElemDesc *:1  xmlNotationPtr:1
xmlElementContentPtr:4  xmlTextReaderErrorFunc *:1  void
*:44  xmlElementContent
  *:1  xmlAttributeType:1  xmlCatalogAllow:2  xmlElementContentType:1
xmlXPathFu
nction:4  xmlIDTablePtr:1  xmlRegisterNodeFunc:1  xmlEntitiesTablePtr:3
xmlPars
erInputPtr:17  xmlNodeSetPtr:32  xmlCharEncoding:12  xmlParserNodeInfoSeqPtr:3
char
**:5  htmlStatus:1  xmlOutputWriteCallback:1  xmlInputReadCallback:1  xmlAu
tomataPtr:15  xmlCharEncodingInputFunc:1  xmlNodePtr
*:1  xmlCharEncodingHandler
Ptr:7  htmlElemDesc
*:3  xmlRegExecCtxtPtr:2  xmlShellReadlineFunc:1  xmlXPathFu
ncLookupFunc:1  xmlCatalogPrefer:1  xmlDeregisterNodeFunc:1
xmlC14NIsVisibleCal
lback:1  xmlValidCtxtPtr:23  xlinkHandlerPtr:2  const xmlParserNodeInfo
*:1  xml
RelaxNGValidityErrorFunc:2  xmlElementContentPtr
*:1  xmlParserNodeInfoPtr:1  xm
lRefTablePtr:1  xlinkNodeDetectFunc:2  xmlShellCtxtPtr:10
xmlXPathVariableLooku
pFunc:1  xmlNotationTablePtr:2  xmlNsPtr *:1  xmlEnumerationPtr
*:2  xmlBufferAl
locationScheme:2  size_t:1  xmlAttributeTablePtr:2
xmlEntityReferenceFunc:1  xm
lExternalEntityLoader:2  xmlOutputMatchCallback:1  xmlTextReaderErrorFunc:1
  xml
XPathCompExprPtr:4  xmlChar **:14  const htmlEntityDesc
*:2  xmlElementTablePtr:
2  xmlEnumerationPtr:5  xmlCharEncodingHandler
*:4  xmlLocationSetPtr:6  xmlInpu
tMatchCallback:1  xmlRegExecCallbacks:1  xmlXPathObjectPtr:22
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "generator.py", line 1134, in ?
     buildWrappers()
   File "generator.py", line 1092, in buildWrappers
     if pref[0] == ref[0]:
UnboundLocalError: ref
gmake[3]: *** [gen_prog] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/home/ports/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.5.3
/python'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/home/ports/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.5.3
/python'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/home/ports/textproc/libxml2/work/libxml2-2.5.3
'
gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/home/ports/textproc/libxml2.

At this point I'm baffled. I've recvsupped the ports several times. I can't
figure out if the problem is specifically with the libxml2 port or if I
should be reinstalling python. Advice would be gratefully accepted.

--
Roger