Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:32:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      marcov@stack.nl (Marco van de Voort)
To:        Marco van de Voort <marcov@stack.nl>
Cc:        Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>, coop9211@uidaho.edu, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: fpc-1.0.4

> > fpc 1.0.6 is out for some time now. Are there any plans to update the port?
>
> Countdown to 1.0.8 has started, so maybe it is best to wait a while. On the other hand, the
> general structure won't chang as much from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 as from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6.
>
> Also, I restructured the makefile system a bit between 1.0.4 and 1.0.6, so a
> port that compiles the source should be easy, except for the documentation,
> and the libgdb of the IDE.

Whoops, forgot, the FreeBSD port is already available in binary form, you
can also simply download the 1.0.6 FreeBSD mega tarbal, chmod 700 install.sh, and run it.

(ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/dist/Freebsd/fpc-1.0.6.ELF.FreeBSD.tar or from a mirror near you)

This should also install everything needed (but remove 1.0.4 first)