Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:44:48 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: True Parity memory

Again, _please_ format your messages correctly.

> I have a DEC 200 4/233 and I understand it will only use "True Parity" memory, is this the case? If so, where is a good place to order this from as none of the local computer stores carries it (hell some don't even know what it is)....
>
> Also, what size does it take, like a 72pinn simm?

I presume you're referring to an Alphastation 200 4/233 (in which case
it would be a good idea to say so).  These systems require 72-pin FPM
parity SIMMs, ie. not EDO, not ECC (although they will work with ECC
parts).  Any decent computer store should be able to get these for you,
although they are becoming more expensive as they become less common.

These are the same parts required by older PC systems that don't like EDO
memory; this point may help jog your suppliers' memory.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org