Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:44:58 -0600
From:      Trevor Hearn <trevor.hearn@vanderbilt.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sheer panic and blissful ignorance.

Anyone that can help, I would appreciate it a lot.

I have a Dell 1950 1U server running FreeBSD 6.3.  It's connected to 2.5tb
of RAID 6 storage via Fibre Channel. I have setup some 2 tb slices on this
array, the problem one being /dev/da0p1. It is throwing errors to the
console when people touch a file or two that seems to be fried. The problem
is that smbd then races to 100% usage, and cannot be killed. CPU1 and CPU3
are pegged at 100%, or close enough. Sigh.

So, what file checking utility should I use for a 2tb slice on a box with 4
gigs of memory? I thought that I had read that you should not use fsck. I am
using UFS2 for the file system.

Any thoughts? Any? :)

Thanks.
-Trevor Hearn