Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 1997 23:29:03 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
Cc:        gibbs@plutotech.com (Justin T. Gibbs), freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AHC optimizations

I can make no guarantees if you continue to run stable.  There are
numerous bugs that I have fixed in the ahc driver and SCSI subsystem
with CAM, and if you are running that code, I have many more tools to
diagnose and fix problems.  I do know, however, that the Seagate
Barracudas that I have tested have all worked just fine with tagged
queuing turned on.

While turning off tagged queuing in the driver may stop your panics,
you have effectively removed any chance of getting better performance
out of the disk subsystem.

--
Justin