Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:18:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 9995 for review

On 19 Apr 2002, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > 	During integ, lost the definition of chunksize.  extattrctl still
> > 	doesn't build due to unresolved issues merging DES's main-tree
> > 	optimization and green's trustedbsd_mac optimization, which
> > 	(unfortunately) accomplish the optimization in a way that doesn't
> > 	merge easily.
>
> I sent you a patch a couple of weeks before I committed that, but didn't
> get a reply...

Neither change is necessarily bad -- they just conflict, since they're in
different branches, and I just integ'd the tree such that they appeared in
the same branch.  One thing that does need to happen is that
non-MAC-specific changes need to be made less in the MAC branch, since
that's caused a number of conflicts and multi-hour merges.  General
changes, and in particular style changes to existing code, should be made
in the main tree and *not* in the MAC tree, where the sole result is
conflicts.