Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:52:34 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Mike Heffner <mheffner@vt.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Chris Wicklein <chrisw@Wicklein.ORG>
Subject:   Re: syslogd: Too many '/' in "/dev//console"

From: Mike Heffner <mheffner@vt.edu>
Date: Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 07:55:33PM -0400

>=20
> On 04-Sep-2001 Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> |=20
> | The following patch seems to have fixed the bug for me.
> |=20
>=20
> Yea, Kris said he was going to fix it. This must be some undefined behavi=
or
> because I tested the change in a test program and the two sizeofs were gi=
ving
> me the same result..strange ;)

I want to test this without leaving "sizeof _PATH_DEV" surrounded by spaces,
with sizeof() explicitly using parentheses.  I'm not sure where the
undefined behavior is triggered, but this is a very likely point, and
the source of syslogd.c is just full of this.

I have it fixed now in my local CVS tree.  Hopefully Kris will commit
something to fix it soon :-)

-giorgos