Date:      Mon, 22 May 2006 09:53:13 -0500
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FTP and chroot....

Hello,

For the life of me I can not get any user who FTPs into my box to be
chroot'ed to a particular directory.  I'm sure this should be a simple
thing to do.

I have setup an ~/ftp directory for each user and would like their ftp
session to be chroot'ed to it.  But I can't seem to get it working.

Here is what I presently have setup...
rc.conf
----
   ftpd_enable="YES"
   ftpd_flags="-S -ll"

ftpd.conf
----
  chroot all /home/%u/ftp

ftpusers
----
  <the user(s) in question are not in this file at all>

ftpchroot
----
   @ftp

All users which I grant FTP access to are members of the ftp group.

They can FTP into the box, but the root dir is their home dir.  They are
chroot'ed to their home dir... not ~/ftp.  I've tried various things in
all of the config files to change it to this subdir, to no avail.

Thanks,
--
Regards,
Eric