Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:14:34 -0400
From:      Michael Rothenberg <rothenberg@automationonline.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disks...?

I was reading in the complete free bsd about how fbsd organises a disk. I
got confused. All I want is a dedicated fbsd pc with one physical drive. On
that drive it seems that it will be divided up into 4 slices(which come
after the MBR and partition table)? Cant I just have 1 slice be the whole
drive? So my root, swap, and /usr will be on the same big slice.

Or do these slices become transparent to all? Or is it required that I have
a different slice for each..??

I didnt bring the book to work or I would list page nums };)

Thanks!

-michael