Date:      Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:57:00 +0200
From:      Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Google Code as an upstream is gone

Mathieu Arnold:

> If the software has not been moved to some other place, (it takes about
> 30 seconds to click the automatic migration to github thing, and it is
> usually done within the hour,) since march 2015, it is most likely
> abandoned and should not be kept in the ports tree.

That's a bold new policy.

In the past, if the upstream was gone and the maintainer judged the
software still useful (at their discretion, not based on a cut-off
date), they would even fall back to providing the distfile at
people.freebsd.org.

So, will this be enforced?  Will somebody go through all distfiles,
check the time stamps in the tarballs, and mark ports as BROKEN if
the distfile hasn't been updated since... when exactly?  I guess I
could to that.