Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 18:44:34 +0930 (CST)
From:      Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.net.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java and Jigsaw

G'day everyone...

Does anyone know if there's a FreeBSD Java interpreter stable enough to
handle the W3C's new Jigsaw server? I've played with both Kaffe and the
JDK 1.0 port and had very limited success (Kaffe coredumps regardless of
what I try to do with it, even the HelloWorld test program included with
it). I get the following output from Jigsaw with the JDK:

# /usr/local/jdk/bin/java w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd -root /usr/local/Jigsaw/Jigsaw

[httpd]: listening at:http://cyburbia.bns.com.au:9999
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The system's a FreeBSD 2.1.0-951104 SNAP on a P100 box ... has anyone
managed to get it up an running or knows what could be causing these
problems?

  Justin Viiret                       Cyburbia Network Services
  justin@cyburbia.net.au              Co-sysadmin and busy guy
  http://cyburbia.net.au/~justin/     Voice: 08-379-2492
-------------------[Relax, they're only ones and zeroes]---------------------