Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 07:32:53 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Jonathan Chen <jon@spock.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NEWCARD update

>Personally, I think the bridge itself should be setting this policy since
>there appears to be a status bit for the bridge to tell if one of its
>cards triggered the interrupt.  The bridge can perform the sharing logic
>itself.

At least the 1251 on my Thinkpad has the ability to route legacy
interrupts directly.  Instead of the *extremely simple* interrupt
routing that I added in my recent patches, we need to determine if
the card in question is PCCARD or cardbus, and route the interrupt
accordingly.  Oh, and we need to do the correct setup for ISA style
DMA too which requires two of the eight ISA IRQ mux entries to
implement.

>Note all the devices are on IRQ9, including the ACPI embedded controller,
>and the cardbus/pccard slots and the ed0 driver.

I don't understand why the second cardbus function of both of our laptops
share the an irq with function 0.  That shouldn't have to be the case.
The IRQ will be shared between the bridge's isr and the cards though.

--
Justin