Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 95 22:09 WET
From:      uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Frank Durda IV)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logging of anonymous FTP

I need to set up logging of anonymous FTP on a FreeBSD 2.1 system
and the method I used on a SCO box doesn't seem to work here.
I see that I need a -F parameter on the ftpd line in /etc/services,
and I created /var/log/ftpd, but nothing happens, even after
a complete system reboot, no transfers are logged.

I assume that this is not the correct location for the -F parm,
but the ftpd man page never says where it should go, so I am stuck
putting it where it worked on much older SYSV-ish systems.

What is the correct procedure?

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Fastest Route)| demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |"A what?"
...decvax!fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem         |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983