Date:      Wed, 03 Jan 1996 13:57:05 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   make [world | install] procedure?

Can someone point me to a reference on how to rebuild the OS? I've
looked in the FAQ and Handbook -- closest I can find is the kernel
rebuild procedure, and that's no problem.

I've had some trouble in the past, doing "make world"s where it
appeared that something being made invalidated the shared libraries,
causing make or it's ilk to fail. Should I be able to "make world" in
multiuser, then do I need to drop down to single-user and do a "make
install"?

Should I be able to do periodic sup's on -stable, then do a simple
"make"? (much faster than rebuilding the world).

Any pointers or references  to docs would be appreciated: I just
haven't found any in the usual places.

Thanks.