Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:01:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ahc problems, yet again...

I start annoying and boring myself too... :-)

An Iomega Jaz (I knwo, i know :-) hooked up to an AHa-2940UW.
The drive spins down after some minutes.
Several hours later we are running dump on all filesystms.
We get to the Jaz and:

sd0 Not ready
    Logical unit not ready
    ILLEGAL REQUEST
    Could not mode sense.  Using ficticious geometry

All this is pretty normal.  What immediately follows is NOT:

Fatal trap 9:  General protection violation while in kernel mode

IP: 0xf01de2ff
SP: 0xefbfff64
FP: 0xefbfff84

at _generic_bzero + 0x0f     repe stol %es(%edi)

Tracing provided:

_end
_end
_end
_Xfastintr7 at _Xfastintr7 + 0x17

All this beauty with kernel as of 21-Apr-97 (RELENG_2_2).

With the BETA_A kernel, I got pretty much the same ahc complaints, but it
paniced with:

ahc0:a:0: Target did not send an IDENTIFY message.
     SAVE_TCL=0

If you make sure the Jaz is spinning while booting, the 2.2-BETA_A is fine.
It still complains about the ILLEGAL REQUEST, but does not panic.

Is this a good one or what?  :-)

Simon

wo, i know :-) hooked up to an AHa-2940UW.
The drive spins down after some minutes.
Several hours later we are running dump on all filesystms.
We get to the Jaz and:

sd0 Not ready
sd0 Logical unit not ready
sd0 ILLEGAL REQUEST