Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 16:03:20 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        ak@freenet.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re VMware 1.1 port (was Re: Suggestion for removing VMware 1.1 port)

At Tue, 30 May 2000 05:42:41 +0300,
A G F Keahan <ak@freenet.co.uk> wrote:
> I still care about it.   It works fine for me, and I don't see any good
> reasons to upgrade to 2.0.   I think that as long as it's possible to
> get it from VMWare.com, the port should stay.   If you don't want to
> maintain it, I can do it (I'm also maintaining audio/krio).
>
> Alex Keahan

Okay, thanks for your candidacy.  I won't have to remove it then. :)

So, if no other candidates come up till 3 June, the maintainership
will go to you.

By the way, I'd appreciate being informed if you (or anyone else)
could (try to) get vmmon 0.95/vmnet 0.11 working with vmware 1.1.  I
really wish two versions of VMware could share common versions of
vmmon/vmnet modules, and that we could import the source code into the
tree as a self contained port so as to maintain it in Vladmir's stead.
(As he has not been around these days)

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"We're only at home when we're on the run, on the wing, on the fly"